What is The Spontaneous Film Review Blog?

We started this because we love movies.
We wanted to share our viewing experiences as a resource for others.
We also want to be able to remember what movies we watched, this blog will help with that.
We are both into music, creative writing and art and I thought this would be a great way to apply our unique background and life experiences that will be apparent in our ratings and reviews.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bright Star

J: ***/*****

T was deservedly sleeping from working so much but I do no think this movie would have impressed him.
So romantic. I liked it.
Some of the scenes touched my heart (wow, what a cliche)... but the acting and non-verbal to very verbal interactions between Fanny and John Keats was penetrating. I would have liked a little more poetry, but the shots and the flowers and the historical costumes and salon life were done well. This one actually should get
3.5 out of 5 stars. I have to stop being too easy on movies just because they have poets in them with sexy, brooding eyes. Also, I wish they explained more of John Keats' sickness and the group of "friends" that paid his passage to Rome and other destinations abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment